Known for the serene and picturesque beaches, turquoise waters and rich history, Andaman is the perfect choice for both a laid back and an adventurous vacation. Andaman Tour packages can start anywhere from 4500 to 50,000 INR and is available for various budgets, each offering its own unique experience. You get to experience long treks, elephant rides, deep sea diving, snorkeling, hiking and more. Andaman has a lot to see and do. It can be the perfect destinations for a short family vacation, a honeymoon, or even an adventurous outing. For city dwellers, especially those living in the urban regions of Mumbai will appreciate the open skies, the calm and placid seas, the peaceful beaches.
Here is a list of things to see, and do when you book Andaman Tour packages:
Places to See
- Port Blair: This is where your journey begins. When you reach Andamans, you will be in Port Blair. This multicultural town has a rich colonial history and is a scenic escape from the urban scenes of Mumbai. It is also the perfect place to stay and relax in Andamans. From Port Blair, you can visit multiple places, or even explore the town.
- Havelock Island: Known for the rich scenic beauty of its clear blue waters and white sand beaches adorned with mahua trees, Havelock is a picture-perfect location and one of the best part of your Andaman Tour packages. Even the most low-cost holiday packages include Havelock.
- Neil Island: Close to Havelock is Neil. It is known for the coral reefs, rich wildlife, and calm beaches. If you are into wildlife photography, you should visit this place. Neil Island has a lot of beaches that are rarely visited.
- The Northern Andamans: In the northern islands, you can find a lot of limestone caves. It is an amazing journey where you will also get to see the tribal reserves. In the mangrove forest areas, you can also see wildlife such as crocodiles.
Things to Do
- Scuba Diving and Snorkelling: Andaman provides clear turquoise waters that are perfect for snorkeling. You can explore the vibrant aquatic life as well as the coral reefs. The coral reefs that you find in Andamans are quite diverse. You will see the widest range of aquatic flora and fauna. You can also do scuba diving and get closer to the aquatic life. Scuba diving or snorkeling is a must if you book Andaman tour packages since the place is quite famous for the scenic beauty that lies under water. There is always an option indulge yourself in Photography during your trip in Andaman Islands you can either get this done at Port Blair or Havelock Island based upon your preference.
- Trek to Madhuban: If you are into hiking and trekking, then you’ll be pleased to know that Andaman has one of the best trekking routes in the country. The trek from Mount Harriet to Madhuban is something a lot of tourists opt for. Flora and fauna also make the place an ideal subject for nature and wildlife photographers. Trekking enthusiasts also love the terrain. You can start the trek by reaching any one of the trek points by a ferry. You can take the ferry from Port Blair or Chatham Harbour.
- Cellular Jail Memorial: For those who love the ancient will be awestruck by the Cellular Jail. The Cellular Jail was the place where the British imprisoned freedom fighters and political prisoners. The light and sound show that takes place every evening is a must watch.
Getting to Andaman
There are many options to book Andaman tour packages and get to Andaman from Mumbai. Getting there by air is the best way. Veer Savarkar International Airport in Port Blair is connected with multiple cities of India. Most major airports have regular flights to Andamans. Air India, IndiGo, Vistara, GoAir, Jet Airways, and Spice Jet – all have multiple flights to and from Andaman. So, you will not have any trouble reaching there by Air.
Once you are there, you will be moving around in rented private vehicles, public buses, and boats. Multiple ferries will take you between islands.
When to Go
If you are booking Andaman tour packages you should know that winters are generally preferred as the time to be there. The weather remains quite pleasant. There are a lot of events that take place in January. There is the Island tourism festival that is a 14-day festival with some fairs and shows taking place at different places. Winters also make water activities quite enjoyable.
Summers are quite warm, but it does not cause a lot of discomforts. During the monsoons, it rains a lot. However, Andaman has its beauty during this season as well. Looking for more information on Andaman Tour Package? Connect with Experience Andamans.